The Midwest Building Decarbonization Coalition is a diverse group of organizations, individuals, and communities. Every month in our newsletter and blog, we share a reflection about our work, our goals, or our challenges. Our Coalition staff aren’t the only ones with something to say! We would love to feature your voice in our next reflection for the newsletter and blog. If you’re interested, let’s talk.
Here are just a few topic ideas:
- Share about a recent success in building decarbonization in the Midwest. How did it happen? Why did it inspire you?
- Introduce your organization or a new program you’re working on. What are the challenges? What makes you hopeful? How could regional collaboration strengthen and multiply your efforts?
- Celebrate a monthly topic like Black History Month (February), Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage month (May), or Pride (June). Use a Diversity Awareness calendar like this one for ideas.
- Reflect on the Environmental Justice Principles, Jemez Principles, or elements of White Supremacy Culture. Where do you see these principles and elements show up (in positive or negative ways) in our movements and this Coalition? Perhaps you’ve found one or two specific principles to be especially challenging or transformative. What lessons have you learned trying to put these ideas into practice?
- Are you joining us from a related movement or different profession? Share your perspective and lessons you’re bringing with you.
Think about a length of 500-800 words. Reach out to Eric at [email protected]. It’s ok if your idea is only half there. We can collaborate.